Innovation Day 2016 took place on Wednesday 8 June, 240 delegates networked, exhibited and listened to the conference.
The conference was hosted by Science Writer & Broadcaster, Vivienne Parry and featured top speakers including Professor John Fisher, Director of the Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Medical Devices, Alex Wyke, CEO & Founder of PatientView plus Mike Biddle, Deputy Director of Innovate UK. We also heard from a mixture of Medilink East Midlands members during the popular showcase presentation section.
The event was rounded off by an excellent dinner and awards ceremony to announce the winners of the regional East Midlands Business Awards. The categories and winners were:
- Start-Up Award was awarded to Pym's Consultancy
- Export Achievement Award was awarded to Datalink Electronics
- Collaboration with the NHS was awarded to Personal Care Packs
- Innovation Award was awarded to Datalink Electronics
- Outstanding Achievement Award was awarded to XenoGesis
You can view videos of all the finalists to discover more out about each company - click here to watch their videos and photographs from the event here. These videos were created by Seven, click here to visit their website.