A transnational project to support innovation in biomaterials
The biomat-IN project aims to stimulate innovations in biomaterials, by creating multidisciplinary collaborative research across 5 leading European clusters:
- Eurasanté and Atlanpole Biotherapies in France
- Bioregio Stern in Germany
- LIOF in the Netherlands
- Medilink East Midlands
Biomaterials are already used extensively in many medical applications.
With rapid advances in technology areas from tissue engineering, polymer chemistry, electronics, to materials science; the potential for further developments is huge.
To take advantage of these advances will require new strategies in multidisciplinary research.
This project seeks to:
- Provide key information on the specialist know-how and market opportunities available
- Stimulate and facilitate transnational collaborations: linking industry, academia, clinicians, as well as technologies and facilities
- Establish a long-lasting support framework to assist the implementation of transnational R&D
Launched in March 2011 and lasting 3 years, with a total budget of €1.24 million, this project is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the Interreg IVB North West Europe programme.
To register your interest, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
To visit the biomat-IN website click here
To join the biomat-IN Linkedin group, click here