Medilink UK, alongside the Department for International Trade (DIT), is hosting this event to connect UK companies to experts in the Cuban Healthcare and Bioscience markets.
This free event at the Williams Formula 1 centre will allow you to access opportunities in Cuba and the Latin American markets, meet Cuban companies and potential collaborators, and gain expert support and advice from DIT market based staff.
You will see opportunities for manufacturing and distribution into South American markets, and create direct contacts to facilitate this.
Cuba’s MedTech and Biopharmaceutical industries have a world-class reputation due to their innovation and high quality standards. BioCubaFarma, the business group that represents the sector, comprises 31 companies with 64 production facilities and 20,000 employees. The company has a global presence, exporting to more than 40 countries. They cover different areas such as cancer diagnostic and treatment, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, and have a large portfolio of projects in different development stages.
10:00 Cuba and MedTech
10:15 Cardiocity and ICID (Case Study 1)
10:45 Retomed and OES (Case Study 2)
11:15 Coffee Break
11:45 1-2-1 meeting sessions between companies, ICID and Retomed
12:15 Summary presentation
13:30 Future of MedTech
14:00 NHS innovations and how we can export them
14:30 Innovation using an island testbed
15:00 Tour of Williams F1
16:00 Day Ends
Who should attend
DIT Cuba are particularly interested in companies in the following areas of technology:
- Anaesthetic and respiratory technology
- Cancer diagnostic and treatment
- Cardiovascular disease, diagnostic and treatment
- Diaebetes and its treatment
- Equipment and devices for primary care (G.Practitioners)
- High blood pressure and its treatment
- Hospital hardware (including ambulatory) and furniture
- Implantable devices
- In vitro diagnostic technology
- Medical Imaging/Ultrasound Equipment and Materials
- Ophthalmic Devices/Equipment
- Orthopaedic Devices
- Re-usable diagnostic or analytic equipment
- Respiratory and Anaesthetic support
- Surgical Instruments (and reusable)
This event is free to attend, to register please click here.