Join Medilink East Midlands and industry expert Alex Toft, as they give you an insight into Clinical Trials, scientific advice and the challenges that you may come up against. This workshop will help you to overcome these challenges, so come along with any questions you may have.
Covered topics will include:
• A brief overview of the various phases of clinical trials
• Scientific advice and the different approaches of the FDA and EMA – mitigating strategies
• The pitfalls and challenges with your hospital selections and appointments here and overseas
• The curved balls from your toxicological programme and the challenges
• Making sure you are CMC ready to support your trials
• Anecdotal ethical committee challenge in overseas markets
• Your CRO – friend or foe
There will be time for a Q&A session at the end of the Workshop.
Speaker Profile: Alex Toft, Business Growth Advisor, University of Warwick Science Park
Having spent his initial career with Unilever, ICI and INEOS in commercial roles and through a process of serendipity he invented not one drug but a series which led to the foundation of a biotech, INEOS Healthcare. As the founder he grew the business from 3 people to a multinational biotech and at its peak running clinical trials across 23 countries in 250 hospitals. He is not only well versed in clinical trials but all the other surrounding challenges associated with drug development, including developing IP, identifying your Key Opinion Leaders and marketing a drug. He is published in several academic journey and is a key inventor in 10 patents
He was awarded the Pott’s Medal in 2014 by The University of Liverpool for his contribution to science and held a Senior Honorary Lectureship post in Clinical Medicine. He has also worked for the NHS and is responsible for launching the first national children’s air ambulance. His current role is heading up the largest Angel network outside of London – Minerva.
Medilink member cost: £10
Non-member cost: £25
To register your place for this event, please click here. If you have you any queries or would like more information, please contact Vanessa Bailey.