- This event has passed.
Emita event: International Negotiation Skills
Wednesday 22nd June 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Negotiation is a part of everyday business life. Many business owners and managers need to negotiate daily both within their organisations and with external contacts, clients and providers. This event will address the important concepts and ideas relating to cross-border negotiations and provide participants with an understanding of how they need to adapt their approach when negotiating internationally.
This breakfast seminar will help you to:
- Understand what a negotiation is
- Know the difference between positions and interests
- Understand the importance of BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) and ZOPA (Zone of Possible Agreement)
- Learn how to create and claim value in a negotiation
- Understand the additional challenges present in cross-cultural (or international) negotiations and how to mitigate them
Attendance is free of charge for Emita members or £50 plus VAT for non-members which includes refreshments and breakfast rolls.
To find out more about this event or to register your place, please click here.