- This event has passed.
Leicester Innovation Week – Delivering the goods: Logistics Focus
Thursday 1 March 2018 @ 7:45 am - 1:00 pm
Whether your business is a committed innovator, start-up or dipping your toe in the water, learn about funding and other help offered by Innovate UK and local support agencies.
With a focus on the Logistics Sector, this free breakfast seminar will provide you with information on local and national innovation support to help you grow and scale your business.
This sector has been chosen because of its importance to the local economy and labour market.
Benefits of attending:
• To help attendees understand where to go for innovation funding and practical advice on what is available
• Expert insight into future trends
• Connect with potential collaborators
• Access to expert business advisors. The events are aimed at smaller companies who do not usually look to government agencies and universities for support
• Understand what is required in writing a successful grant application
8.30 Welcome and introduction: Julian Bowrey, Regional Manager, Innovate UK
- Why innovate?
- Funding and support on offer from Innovate UK, LLEP and Loughborough University
9.10 Plenary session
Successful innovate local SME
- Stephen Watson, Microlise
Innovation in the final mile
- Graham Thomas, Ocado
Future innovations in logistics
- Simon Beechinor, Transport Systems Catapult
Next generation employment
- Alex Farkas, DWP
- Tracey Worth, Institute of Couriers
10.45 Networking break
11.00 Choice of workshops
- Planning for growth led by Leicester and Leicestershire Business Gateway
- Innovate to grow led by Enterprise Europe Network
- Innovating through KTP
- Drop in clinics with business support providers
12.15 next steps and close
To register your free place, please click here.
This event is taking place as part of Leicestershire’s inaugural Innovation week from 26th February to Friday 3rd March 2018. These free breakfast workshops aim to meet the needs of local businesses and take full advantage of the opportunities highlighted in the Government’s recently published Industrial Strategy by providing key insights from successful innovators.
Workshops will also be held with a focus on: