- This event has passed.
NIHR MindTech Mental Health MedTech Co-operative – 6th National Symposium
Wednesday 5 December 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The NIHR Mental Health MedTech Co-Operative (MIC) mental health technology symposium 2018 brings together leaders in clinical practice, patient experience, academic research, industry and technology development to address the key challenges in building a stronger evidence-base to support implementation of new technologies in mental healthcare.
Speakers confirmed include:
– Professor Chris Hollis – Director, NIHR MindTech MedTech Co-operative
– Dr Tom Insel – Co-founder and President Mindstrong Health
– Professor Matthew Hotopf CBE – Chief Investigator RADAR-CNS and Director, NIHR Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre
– Professor Cathy Creswell – Director, University of Reading Anxiety and Depression in Young People (AnDY) clinical research unit.
– Professor Ed Watkins – Professor of Experimental and Applied Clinical Psychology & Director of Sir Henry Wellcome Building for Mood Disorders Research, University of Exeter
– Professor Daniel Freeman – Professor of Clinical Psychology & Chief Clinical Officer, Oxford VR, University of Oxford
– Duncan Brown – Design Director, BfB Labs
– Professor Payam Barnaghi – Professor of Machine Intelligence, University of Surrey
Topics to be covered:
– Co-producing Digital Technology with Children and Young People
– Digital technology: Evidence of Delivering Real World Impact to NHS Patients
– Virtual reality (VR) intervention in mental healthcare
– MindTech Debate ‘Growing up in a digital world: do the benefits to mental health outweigh the risks?’
– Remote Measurement Technology (RMT) in Mental Healthcare
Plus demonstrations of technology and apps to support mental healthcare.
To find out more and to book your place, please click here.