- This event has passed.
NIHR Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre Launch: Pushing the frontiers of medical science
Thursday 1st June 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Nottingham’s hospitals have been awarded £23.6 million from the Government to make world-first medical breakthroughs. The Biomedical Research Centre in Nottingham will lead and support that investment.
The Nottingham BRC will drive innovation and internationally competitive translational research in therapeutic areas which are highly relevant to the health of patients and the public:
• gastrointestinal and liver disease,
• hearing loss and tinnitus,
• respiratory disease
• musculoskeletal disease
• mental health and technology
At the core of the centre will be our world leading expertise in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). The new BRC will further strengthen Nottingham’s position as a leading city for research and innovation.
Join NIHR on the 1st June at the East Midlands Conference Centre to be part of an exciting new chapter in the region’s rich history in research and innovation and to find out about their research programmes and how they will benefit patients with the very latest treatments and the highest standards of care.
The exciting full day programme will include:
• Keynote speeches from internationally renowned researches, policy makers, NHS and business leaders
• Networking opportunities with the Life Sciences, Medical Technologies and IT industries
• A showcase of the Nottingham health research infrastructure and capability
The day consists of a conference, exhibition and evening networking buffet dinner, a full programme is available on the link below.