- This event has passed.
Nottingham In Parliament Day – ‘Future of Healthcare Technologies: What is the secret to getting better faster?’
Tuesday 25th October 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City of Nottingham will be holding the first ever ‘Nottingham In Parliament Day’ on 25 October 2016. This is a one-day takeover of the Houses of Parliament to showcase the best attributes of our city.
As part of this event there will be a live panel debate about ‘The Future of Healthcare Technologies: What is the Secret to Getting Better Faster?’. The debate will show how researchers, clinicians and medical device companies are working at the edge of healthcare technology innovation to save lives and how Nottingham is working towards tackling some of the challenges highlighted in the Accelerated Access review around adoption into clinic.
You can be part of this exciting live debate and have the opportunity to put across your views on the challenges you face in getting products to market and into the NHS.
The panellists include:
– Professor Steve Morgan, University of Nottingham – leads the Centre for Healthcare – Technologies
– Professor Ian Hall, University of Nottingham – clinician working in MRI and imaging. Former Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
– Professor Dan Clark, Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust – Head of Clinical Engineering
– Mirella Marlow, NICE Programme Director – Devices and Diagnostic Systems, Centre for Health Technology Evaluation.
– Dr Darren Clark, Chief Executive – Medilink East Midlands
If you are interested in attending the event it is free but you will need an official invitation in order to be able to access the Houses of Parliament. To request a invitation please click here to email Matt Neville, please provide your name, company/organisation name and contact details.