- This event has passed.
Taking the China Challenge
Thursday 7th July 2016
The scale of the opportunities in China’s life science sector is well documented with the pharmaceutical and medical technologies sectors expected to grow significantly faster in China compared to other major international markets – Boston Consulting Group forecasts a compound annual growth rate for both the pharma & medtech markets of 14% to 2020.
Ongoing reforms by the Chinese Government include:
- An increase of public insurance coverage to 98% for both the urban and rural population
- Expansion of the list of essential drugs
- Strengthening information management services and increasing the use of electronic health records
- Investment of billions of RMB in the construction of hospitals, clinics and other healthcare infrastructure at county and municipal level
- The reform of public hospitals
In addition, higher disposable income for a rapidly growing urban population is driving a new awareness and demand for better healthcare services – and an increasing demand for western medicine and treatments.
But China is seen by many organisations as a challenging market, with high entry costs; a complicated regulatory environment and concerns over the protection of intellectual property.
This event will not only provide up to date information on the potential opportunities for UK organisations in China’s life sciences sector, but will also address the challenges and present solutions to overcome these.
To find out more about this event or to register your place, please click here.