TBAT have announced that the next round of Innovate UK’s Open Grants Programme is finally here and has been rebranded as Smart Grants.
The February round of Smart Grants is due to open on Monday 18th February and offers businesses the chance to apply for a share of £20 million to work on cutting edge, disruptive projects in any industry sector that have the potential to significantly impact the UK economy.
Unlike themed competitions, the type of projects that Innovate UK are looking to invest in, is extremely broad for an ‘open’ call, so to help decipher the level of innovation required, below are some examples of projects that have been funded in previous rounds:
– Manufacturing hardware to use a novel material as a replacement for plastic packaging
– Software to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in aviation
– Wearable tech to diagnose Sleep Apnoea at home
– On-site waste valorisation and carbon capture and utilisation
– AI solution to identify online sales of counterfeit goods
– High speed, soft fruit picking robotics
TBAT consultants are excited to start working on this round of Smart Grant applications, especially due to the competitive nature of the call! In previous rounds, scores have needed to be 80+ to secure funding and they expect the competition to be fierce, particularly because they have been waiting over 2 months for this round to open.
TBAT pride themselves in being open and honest from the off-set, so will discuss your project in detail before providing their expert opinion on whether it would be suitable to submit into an open call and is likely to meet the scoring threshold.
Take a look at the full scope and eligibility criteria of the competition here.
For further information please click here to email or call 01332 819740