Universities Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust plans to introduce credential checking for company representatives visiting the Queen Elizabeth Hospital site. The intention is to use the Life Science Industry (LSI) Accredited Credentialing Register which has been launched with the support of NHS England, NHS Improvement and the major life science industry associations.
The LSI Register will
• Establish, and periodically validate against, minimum acceptable standards for registrants and training provision
• Maintain the required standards of conduct, education, training and health & safety criteria
• Provide a single point for NHS staff and the public to verify an individual’s status against agreed criteria and eligibility to engage with the NHS
• Support Trusts with regard to credentialing and management of conflicts of interest
• Support the improvement of standards without restricting access to approved individuals.
To ensure the highest standards of governance, the Register has been independently accredited by the Professional Standards Authority which already accredits a number of other significant registers in the life-science sector.
For further information please click here.
To view the LSI User Guide please click here.